You have to be registered to vote. Whichever district you live in, please make sure you are and then go and vote – every single one counts!
Have a question about voting? See the FAQs below.
Voting on the day
Voting takes place on Wednesday 16th May 2018.
– If you live in St Helier district 3, your voting station is Rouge Bouillon School (Brighton Road, St Helier, JE2 3YN; tel 01534 811811)
– If you live in St Helier district 4, your voting station is First Tower School (La Route de St Aubin, St Helier, JE2 3SD; Tel 01534 811811)
Polling (voting) stations are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voting before the day (‘pre-poll’)
If you want to vote in person before General Election day, you can do so in town, St Brelade or Trinity. To pre-poll vote you must be on the main Electoral Register.
– St Paul’s Gate in New Street, St Helier: Monday 30 April Monday 14 May 2018. Open 8.30am-5.25 daily*, but only until 2pm on last day.
*Closed Bank Holiday Monday 7 May and Liberation Day Wednesday 9 May 2018.
– Trinity Youth Centre, Trinity, 10am-1pm on Saturday 5 May 2018
– Communicare, St Brelade, 10am-1pm on Saturday 12 May 2018.
You can vote by post if you’ll be away on voting day or you have registered to vote, but your name and address have been deliberately omitted from the electoral register because there is a risk or threat of harm to you.
To receive a postal vote, you will need to print off and complete this application form below and return it to the Judicial Greffe, Royal Court House, Royal Square, St. Helier, JE1 1JG, before Tuesday 8 May 2018. They’ll send you your ballot form and instruction what to do with it.
Make sure you are registered to vote!
You have until noon on Monday 9 April 2018 to ensure you’re on the main Electoral Register and up to noon on Wednesday 9 May 2018 to be on the Supplementary Register.
Registration forms are available to download here or you can pick up a registration form from the Town Hall or any parish halls.
Please do it now while you’re thinking about it!